Yazaki is a global leader in the research, development and delivery of vehicle power and data solutions.
Yazaki works with virtually every major auto manufacturer in the world, and we’ve strived to maintain strategic and stable growth throughout our 83-year history. Today, we’re on the lookout for energetic people with the potential to perform, as well as the ability to strengthen – and thrive in – the positive work environment we pride ourselves on.
Region: USA (US)
Location: Canton , MI
Intial training will be during normal office hours (8:00pm to 5:00pm). After training, position will transition to the afternoon shift (1:00pm to 9:30pm, subject to change to normal office hours depending on business needs).
Engineer accepts test requests and establishes test schedules and/or implement tests according to the specification/procedures. Engineer will review test requests, specifications/procedures and review their interpretation with supervisor and/or customer to ensure the correct test implementation. Assist in the development of test equipment in order to meet customer specifications. Evaluate results and communicate effectively with others. Address issues in an effective, expedited manner. Engineer needs to be willing to learn and advance in the level of knowledge.
Participates in all aspects of the design, development, and support of test systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Test requests according to the specifications.
- Work to meet scheduled deadlines requirements by meeting with customers to establish agreed technical and non-technical test requirements.
- Analyze and process test data, performing complex statistical analysis and computer based data processing.
- Create complex test reports and associated documentation.
- Perform Test requests according to the specification.
- Suggest and implement solutions to problems encountered with different testing techniques.
- Participate in reviewing and approval of test reports.
- Participate in planning and organizing training for group members.
- Active role in meeting the test schedule for the group.
- Elevate issues to upper management when required.
- Train other group members on different testing techniques utilized by the group.
- Write purchase specs for fixed assets.
- Request software, equipment, and support as needed.
- Assist in Quality audits and maintenance throughout the group.
- Conduct maintenance, calibration/ repair on variety of equipment.
- Participate in implementing QS9000, ISO 17025, T/S 16949 and 14001.
|Degree Requirements:||BS degree an engineering related field or equivalent experience|
|Certification Requirements:||iNARTE Certification is desired|
|Previous Experience:||4+ years of EMC and/or ESD testing experience in the automotive industry|
|Travel Requirements:||Some Travel involved|
|On Call Requirements:||Must be on-call during off-hours|
|Physical Requirements:||Must be able to lift 50lbs and more|
Yazaki North America is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, handicap, veteran status, or other legally protected status or characteristic. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship. Yazaki North America complies with federal and state equal employment opportunity laws and strives to keep the workplace free from all forms of harassment.