Job Description The primary role of the Aftermarket Product Electrical Engineer will be taking the lead in executing a new ZF global electronics Service Strategy for various ZF OE Electronic portfolio products. This will include working closely with ZF Aftermarket & ZF Global Electronics senior management, product engineering and manufacturing teams to assess various service models for current and past model parts through business-case analysis followed by implementation. Among the key responsibilities associated with this position are: 1) Customer/Supplier interface for establishing validation/performance requirements, and cost effective DVP’s. 2) Engineering Fieldwork for execution of all design & process related changes including testing, EC’s, and PPAP that support sales, purchasing, OE engineering and manufacturing. 3) Program Management for properly communicating the timing, status and analysis of design/performance & process issues for each program. 4) Internal Sales Team interface for new service part launches, BOM’s, design support. 5) Identifying the best electronics service solutions to ensure on-time delivery while meeting commercial targets through the 10-15 year service life.
Coordinate with Aftermarket, Global Electronics, and external suppliers to determine design, performance, and process requirements for PAST & CURRENT model service products that meet cost, reliability and manufacturing objectives. Estimate project schedules and budgets. Cultivate an OE TRW network of resources to complete tasks. Develop “out of the box” solutions to support the Electronics Service Strategy.
- Interface with customer to understand design priorities, propose DVP’s, review test data for management of engineering programs and products. Communicates progress of projects to management. Works across organizational barriers to facilitate effective project completions.
- Maintains appropriate engineering procedures throughout the product validation process including problem solving and achieving engineering deliverables. Analyzes and solves complex engineering problems using conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, equipment, techniques or processes. Responsible for the development of qualification and validation protocols.
- Conducts or guides testing and data analysis which demonstrate that new processes meet acceptance criteria. Prepare Engineering documentation including Test Reports, DVP&R’s, ECN’s, BOM’s, Marked Drawings, etc.
- Complies with Company’s quality system requirements as well as any applicable regulatory requirements.
- Any additional duties assigned.