ZF TRW’s products represent the latest technology in the evolution of embedded hardware design, design algorithms, and manufacturing.
ZF TRW’s Active Safety products provide such features as Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Following Distance Indication (FDI), Lane Keeping Assistance (LKAS), and Lane Departure Warning (LDW). These functions are realized with various products collectively termed, Driver Assistance Systems (DAS), which include a forward-looking monocular camera mounted at the windshield in the region of the rear-view mirror, an Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), and Safety Domain Module (SDM).
This position is responsible for managing / monitoring all test and validation activities for these products for a North American OEM, delivering regular customer communication, and acting as liaison between test labs, application teams, and the customer. Test activities include Environmental, Mechanical, Electrical, EMC, hardware function, software function, and vehicle level tests.
The candidate must be a capable negotiator with excellent communication skills, resourceful at managing crises, and able to manage program timelines to meet internal and customer milestones.
Additional duties to include:
– Manage all Test items in front of customer
– Establish project test plans, supporting CV, DV, and PV phases
– Manage system test team allocated to project internationally
– Ensure all required testing for verification and validation across the whole project is executed according to test plan
– Responsible for managing test deliveries to customers in time, quality and budget
– Support RFQ work
Familiar with Vector tools and scripts, particularly in the context of automotive radar performance tuning
- Familiar with CAN network and gateway programming
- Hands-on experience in testing and tuning ADAS sensor performance tailored to target platform
- Knowledge in automotive radar techniques, driver assistance technology, control theory and vehicle dynamics
- Capable in model-based software development (Matlab/ Simulink)
- Experience with software simulation environment (e.g. software-in-the-loop)
- Understanding of control software for radar-based driver assistance systems
- Understanding of algorithms for the detection and classification of vehicles, pedestrians and perimeter.
- Preferred: Experience in software development and implementation, in for embedded systems
- Preferred: Hold real-time, embedded C development skills
– Bachelors degree in electronics or software engineering; Masters degree preferred
– Very good Project Management capabilities
– Experience in SW and test engineering of embedded systems (good SW & HW background required)
– Knowledge on Test engineering processes (e.g. Automotive Spice or CMMI)
– Experience in requirements engineering and test concept development
– Very good communication skills, self managed, highly motivated